On May 13, 2011, our mother, Cindy, was diagnosed with stage 4 Non small cell lung cancer (adenocarcinoma). She has never smoked a day in her life. Since being diagnosed, as a self-employed and charitable family law attorney she continued to work hard for others in need. We sincerely thank you for your contribution, prayers, and support for our mother.

-John, Vanessa, and Michael Hudson

Please enjoy reading our blog below with updates on Cindy's well-being and information about the disease, conditions, and treatments. God bless!

Please read and know that we are all so appreciative to you.

Saturday, September 3, 2011

Some of the difficulties of going through cancer

Loneliness, is a major part of this. Its not just lonely for the person that is going through it, but the family around the person feels it too. Loneliness is difficult. You experience it even when you look your friends in the face. You feel it almost all the time. You don't feel it when you preoccupy yourself with other things to do or work. My mom is able to go to work. She is exhausted by it, but it helps her keep her mind off things. I know she feels lonely. I've always worried about her, even before she was diagnosed with cancer about her loneliness. I wish and hope that in this fight she will feel us all with her. This disease can be condemning, but it doesn't have to be. I really don't want to believe that its happened, but it has. I don't understand why it has happened to my mom because she is a good woman. Regardless, its happened and I know she will get through this.

I've always believed that everything in life happens for a reason. Maybe she can help science or faith in people. Her being diagnosed has solidified my faith! I pray that my mom will overcome this. I don't care if everyone else thinks I'm crazy for believing in the healing power of God. He is healing her.

 My mom is an amazing person, who is getting herself out there every day and continues to do for others, but I know that she feels lonely. She is in this fight for her life by herself because only she can face what she is going through. None of us will ever know what she is feeling. I pray that she knows we are all here for her. How can we show it? We can talk to her and not be afraid to speak our mind. We can all discuss things not of generalties, but our true nature and being. How can we let her know that she is not alone? We can all let her know she is not alone because we all feel that way and we are all afraid of things and thats why we can count on each other and are here for each other. We are all scared of what we don't know. However, we can be there for each other. How do we know when our last day is. We don't. It can be anything. It can happen today or tomorrow; a car accident or 10 years from now. We certainly have no idea with cancer. Cancer is a weird disease. It can go away in some people and they become No Evidence of Disease and live happily. I believe it can happen that way in my mom. She has a cancer inside of her and we can fix it. Can we make her better? I have faith in God that we can. God will heal her. It is his will. We can pray:
"Be strong and of good courage; Be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: For the Lord thy God is with thee withersoever thou goest." Joshua 1:9

My mom gave be this prayer when I was a kid. I have always believed there was someone, supernatural, with me. My faith is solid. I believe in the Lord and I believe it his will to heal her.

-Vanessa Hudson Reyes

No comments:

Post a Comment