On May 13, 2011, our mother, Cindy, was diagnosed with stage 4 Non small cell lung cancer (adenocarcinoma). She has never smoked a day in her life. Since being diagnosed, as a self-employed and charitable family law attorney she continued to work hard for others in need. We sincerely thank you for your contribution, prayers, and support for our mother.

-John, Vanessa, and Michael Hudson

Please enjoy reading our blog below with updates on Cindy's well-being and information about the disease, conditions, and treatments. God bless!

Please read and know that we are all so appreciative to you.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

My mom is really brave and will forever be an idol of mine

I love my mother, she may not recognize it because of our difficulties in communication as a daughter and mother relationship. It is really hard to have conversations that are so emotional, but I will always look up to her as I always have. We may not get along or agree on things, but I will forever hold her in my heart as one of the most amazing persons I have ever been blessed to know. I am even more blessed to be so lucky as to have her as my mother. I pray that she knows how much she means to me. She truly is an awesome (in every meaning of the word-awesome) woman! She is so giving and kind. She is always doing so much for others. A true humanitarian. She is very inspiring in all of her knowledge and never ending search for truth and honesty... Even though it is difficult to find that truth and honesty that we all want to avoid within ourselves.

I wish we could all be honest. Honest with each other always and not be afraid to speak of our fears or vulnerabilities and accept that we may not want to hear what is said; But in what may be said can come happiness and peace because we can all be accepting of each other and our feelings and our fears.

I hope that of you all who do read this blog will share your thoughts and I also hope that we can all learn from these experiences and try better ourselves.

Peace be with you.

-Vanessa Hudson Reyes   : )

No comments:

Post a Comment