On May 13, 2011, our mother, Cindy, was diagnosed with stage 4 Non small cell lung cancer (adenocarcinoma). She has never smoked a day in her life. Since being diagnosed, as a self-employed and charitable family law attorney she continued to work hard for others in need. We sincerely thank you for your contribution, prayers, and support for our mother.

-John, Vanessa, and Michael Hudson

Please enjoy reading our blog below with updates on Cindy's well-being and information about the disease, conditions, and treatments. God bless!

Please read and know that we are all so appreciative to you.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Round 5, finally happened.. took forever....

I should first write about the fact that mom has to give herself shots in the stomach now because of that thrombosis (blood clot) in the right jugular vein. The shots make her dizzy for a while and she has to do it twice a day- 6:30am and 6:30pm, every day. Its one more thing that is complicated and difficult.

Anyway, mom was able to get her fifth round of chemo on thursday. She was there at 7am and had to wait till about 1pm before she was able to get the chemo. Interestingly, she was next to another guy that was getting chemo for testicular cancer and he was in jail for burglary and had a guard the entire time watching him. I think its really great that our current healthcare is so giving to criminals who get it for free and yet if you own a home or make just above the margin for qualification of certain help (regardless of how much debt you may have because that doesn't count at all)... I could go on, but I don't see a point in it anymore. The world  and government is so corrupt. I told my mom today that maybe she shoud just go commit a felony and then she will get it for free like the criminals do. It was in poor taste for me to say that, but there is a part of me where none of this makes sense. And I have questions and possibly still looking for an answer or something to blame. So far I know I can blame beaurocracy and big Pharma. It is who you know and how much money you have or how affluent you are. I am saddened that we can't just look at people and see them as our own brothren or god's children and just help each other. I know many have lost their path or maybe never even knew they had one becuase of the way they were raised.
Cancer frightens me becuase there is no specific scenario, Do you have a choice and what do you do.

There is a little voice inside of all of us that tells us what we should do or not do. We should all remember to listen and follow the litte voice. Listen to our angel. It is our most comforting tool, and we should go with it.
Anyhow, Mom went to round 5 and did well. I brought her liver and onions for lunch from lubys because she needs more iron. She also ate some spinach. I love that. I am glad becaues I am worried about her anemia coming back. She had a really bad bout last year. So with these blood thinning anticoagulants you can imagine that there are severe side effects and anemia is one them which she is prone to.
Please comment an paste your concerms. Share you story too. We all feel alone and it is hard sometimes.

Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment