On May 13, 2011, our mother, Cindy, was diagnosed with stage 4 Non small cell lung cancer (adenocarcinoma). She has never smoked a day in her life. Since being diagnosed, as a self-employed and charitable family law attorney she continued to work hard for others in need. We sincerely thank you for your contribution, prayers, and support for our mother.

-John, Vanessa, and Michael Hudson

Please enjoy reading our blog below with updates on Cindy's well-being and information about the disease, conditions, and treatments. God bless!

Please read and know that we are all so appreciative to you.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Overwhelming....

We are all overwhelmed. We don't know what the future holds, but for now we are so happy that my mom's tumor's are shrinking. I wish that the doctors would continue the chemo because she is handling it so well. Her hair is shedding, but it has not fallen out completely, she does have nose bleeds, and nausea. Even though these are her symptoms, it could be worse and I don't want to focus on that. she is doing so well and she is the most amazing woman I have ever met. I am proud of her and proud to be her daughter.

I still can't believe it ever happened. I wish my brothers would write on here about how they feel and deal with it. Because I find it very difficult to be the only one saying anything and talking about my mom's condition. It is really hard and it hurts everyday. I am trying to be strong for my mother, but it still hurts and its hard. I love her very much and I pray that god will heal her. He is healing her.

If you see my mom, please give her the biggest hug you have ever given and just tell her you love her even if you don't know her that well. And if you don't know her that well, you should really try... because she is the most amazing woman (educated, traveled, experienced) you will ever meet. She's been to Africa.. Ask her about it....  ask her about France, Prague, Scotland, Her travels........ Ask her......

I keep telling her to write a book... encourage her to do it, because she should.

Love,

Nessa

1 comment:

  1. Dear Vanessa,

    You sound like a wonderful daughter and a great cheerleader for your mother. Though I don't know either of you personally, I will add you to the parish prayer list. Have you had the opportunity to meet with a family therapist yet?
    May God continue to sustain you all.

    ReplyDelete