On May 13, 2011, our mother, Cindy, was diagnosed with stage 4 Non small cell lung cancer (adenocarcinoma). She has never smoked a day in her life. Since being diagnosed, as a self-employed and charitable family law attorney she continued to work hard for others in need. We sincerely thank you for your contribution, prayers, and support for our mother.

-John, Vanessa, and Michael Hudson

Please enjoy reading our blog below with updates on Cindy's well-being and information about the disease, conditions, and treatments. God bless!

Please read and know that we are all so appreciative to you.

Monday, October 8, 2012

Some time has passed....

I know it's been some time since I last posted, but it's been really difficult trying to adjust to life without my mom. My family has had a hard time coming together. We are all very much apart right now and grieving in our own way. I currently am seeing a counselor to help. Life has been so lonely and it's been really trying.

I do have a new phone number but anyone can reach me through this email.

Thank you and God bless!

1 comment:

  1. To Cindy's Kids,

    My name is Christian Lair and while you guys may not remember me, I certainly remember you. Back in the 1980's, my family and yours attended church at St. George Episcopal in San Antonio. My parents were good friends with your mom. When y'all were little my dad would come over to your house and play Santa Claus and give you guys presents. You may not remember that though and that's certainly ok. What I remember about Christmas time in your house was how much your mom really liked tall Christmas trees! I can remember thinking that I had never seen a tree that big inside a house before. Oh and I also thought your house was super cool! You guys had that old school, coffee table style projection TV with the screen like 10 feet away. Man I was jealous of that as a 10 year old! But what I remember most about your mom was how kind she was. Even in her time of need she still wanted to help others. Though this might be a small example of her kindness, when I was 12, I was bummed that my family couldn't afford a video camera to take on our trip. Your mom found out and brought her video camera to church one Sunday and told me to have fun with it! I still have the video that we made on that family vacation back in 1987. To a 12 year old, that's a huge random act of kindness. I know your mother passed away back in 2012, but I just found out about it today when I came across her obituary. I'm sure the last 3 years have been difficult for each of you, but hopefully you guys are doing well. I will keep your family in my prayers. God Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete