On May 13, 2011, our mother, Cindy, was diagnosed with stage 4 Non small cell lung cancer (adenocarcinoma). She has never smoked a day in her life. Since being diagnosed, as a self-employed and charitable family law attorney she continued to work hard for others in need. We sincerely thank you for your contribution, prayers, and support for our mother.

-John, Vanessa, and Michael Hudson

Please enjoy reading our blog below with updates on Cindy's well-being and information about the disease, conditions, and treatments. God bless!

Please read and know that we are all so appreciative to you.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

We often ask Why?

"Why". Such a small word with an endless thought process and a neverending road to more questions than answers. I ask why has this happened to my mom every day and I ask hasn't she dealt with enough in life? I can only come to one answer and my answer is that if we were not dealt anything else in life than we wouldn't be living. Yes, my mom has had a constant barrage of things to deal with and overcome in life thus far. The most difficult being the drowning of my brother 30 years ago. My mom has been through a lot. She is a single mother of 3, a teacher, a nurse, a geologist, a lawyer, an avid church goer, and a giver. She is an amazing woman and is always there for everyone else. So I can only think that God ran out of difficult things to put in her path because she overcame every obstacle that has been put in her way. The only thing left is cancer. Cancer. How do we deal with cancer? I look to my mom and she gets up every morning and continues to work and help others. We just don't give up and we keep on living and building on our relationships and finding new things to appreciate and enjoy every day.

-Vanessa

No comments:

Post a Comment