On May 13, 2011, our mother, Cindy, was diagnosed with stage 4 Non small cell lung cancer (adenocarcinoma). She has never smoked a day in her life. Since being diagnosed, as a self-employed and charitable family law attorney she continued to work hard for others in need. We sincerely thank you for your contribution, prayers, and support for our mother.

-John, Vanessa, and Michael Hudson

Please enjoy reading our blog below with updates on Cindy's well-being and information about the disease, conditions, and treatments. God bless!

Please read and know that we are all so appreciative to you.

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Happy New Year to All from Cindy Hudson

To all this New Year, I send blessings and the wish that you remain healthy and safe.  I so much wanted to be able to say things are doing well and the tumors are shrinking.  But I can't.  I can say, however, that I have not given up and we continue to try another direction.

After going through 6 chemotherapy sessions there was some shrinking, so that was a good sign.  Then the doctors thought this new drug, having been on the market for 2 months would be a positive step.  So at $10,000 a month, I went through 2 months.  I had some pain, but then it went away.  The doctors let me fly to visit my son and grandsons for Thanksgiving.  Great visit, very cute boys.  I was feeling good but my fingernails were getting very brittle.  We did the ct scans on my return, and the tumors had grown.  So no more $10,000 a month drug and we set off to find another path to follow.

My children have been so strong for me, I am so grateful for their love and support.  This is a tenuous fight and anyone who can be supportive for them too, I am most grateful.

As this new year begins, I hope to be in a clinical trial treatment program or on a drug treatment that proves positive in its effect. I want to be able to experience this year and many to come.  To be able to work and continue to do my job.  To be able to receive the hugs of so many and give hugs.

I care about life, I will stay strong and continue to appreciate the gifts God has put in my path.  I thank you all for your prayers and support.  I hope that as this new year begins and continues, that you continue your prayers and good thoughts.  It can be very depressing knowing your life is being tormented by a disease that is unknown.  I find comfort knowing you care, and will continue to draw strength from you.

Please read the blog, Vanessa is so strong in placing information: cindyhudson.blogspot.com.  Any assistance and thoughts to share can be placed through the blog also.

I wish good cheer and lots of love, in God's name.
Love
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment