On May 13, 2011, our mother, Cindy, was diagnosed with stage 4 Non small cell lung cancer (adenocarcinoma). She has never smoked a day in her life. Since being diagnosed, as a self-employed and charitable family law attorney she continued to work hard for others in need. We sincerely thank you for your contribution, prayers, and support for our mother.

-John, Vanessa, and Michael Hudson

Please enjoy reading our blog below with updates on Cindy's well-being and information about the disease, conditions, and treatments. God bless!

Please read and know that we are all so appreciative to you.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Made some headway today.

Mom, is currently not on any treatment, but I went to the START Cancer Care center and spoke with a wonderful woman who shared the faith and hope that I have in healing my mom. She really cared that all treatment options would be discussed and that every resource be utilized. She was so sweet and I thank God for bringing her forth in our lives.

Mom has signed the release papers so that they can get her complete file and we are one step closer to getting another evaluation and second opinion. 

I would like to point out that we have nothing personal against CTRC or the doctor, but I truly believe it would be irresponsible of us not to seek out a second/third opinion. Our doctor has stated that he is not completely familiar with all treatments for NSCL cancer and it is important that we are presented with all available opportunities. Also, CTRC does not offer all types of treatment. There are several new types such as Proton Therapy (available at MD Anderson) and there is also Photodynamic Therapy (available at the Cancer Treatment Centers of America) and I am not sure if CTRC offers the extensive genetic and molecular typing that the START center does. So, I don't want anyone to think that the Doctors or CTRC is not appreciated, because my family is grateful for what they have done. I just really want to be sure that my mom is getting every opportunity presented to her that is possible. This is an extremely frightening journey and it has been very difficult.

My mom has always been a role model and she has taught me to Never give up and don't take no for an answer. She taught to me to stay strong and to continue whatever journey we are on no matter what obstacles or challenges we face. We will fight this battle together and with all your help.

Thank you and God bless.

-Vanessa

1 comment:

  1. I often wake up in the middle of the night and say a prayer for your Mom and you...I hope if
    God allows me to have a daughter some day that she will be as kind and compassionate as you are...God bless y'all today and forever.

    ReplyDelete