On May 13, 2011, our mother, Cindy, was diagnosed with stage 4 Non small cell lung cancer (adenocarcinoma). She has never smoked a day in her life. Since being diagnosed, as a self-employed and charitable family law attorney she continued to work hard for others in need. We sincerely thank you for your contribution, prayers, and support for our mother.

-John, Vanessa, and Michael Hudson

Please enjoy reading our blog below with updates on Cindy's well-being and information about the disease, conditions, and treatments. God bless!

Please read and know that we are all so appreciative to you.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Good News everyone, we are on the right track!!!!

Today, my mom received a phone call from a doctor at Cancer Treatment Research Center and made an appointment with her for next thursday!!!! This is great news!!! Thank you to all you who have helped make this happen so fast!!!! We are immensely appreciative! There really are no words to express the way we feel to all of you. We appreciate you so much. We are forever grateful!!! This is going to be a difficult journey, but we will overcome it.

Just know that God has a plan. This is part of his plan. I know that I am learning a lot through this: acceptance and forgiveness of the past are a just a piece of what I am learning. It is important in life to always be able to forgive and accept what comes our way. We may not understand what happens to us or the ones we love, but we all must accept what has happened. The greatest knowledge that I have received is absolute Faith! Faith in God. I feel it in my soul and know that my mother will recover from this fully. I understand that it will be difficult. I also understand that I won't know how difficult it is going to be, but I do know that I am going to stay by her side with God's help and all of yours. God will guide us. He is our healer. She will overcome this.

Bless you all and thank you so much!

-Vanessa Lynn Hudson Reyes

2 comments:

  1. We need to get a brain scan. That is the next step. We will get that done. All of your help is amazing. Thank you and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy everyone is helping you fight. I know you will get well and be fighting for others in court sooner than some judges think. After all, you do know the law better than alot of them. I won't mention any names, they know who they are. I love you and I know who you are. My friend. I'm here to help in any way I can. I'll see you soon.

    ReplyDelete